The Young African Leaders Forum (YALF) invites interested Africans to submit research articles for publication in the second edition of its Young African Leaders Journal of Development (YALJOD). The journal is aimed at fostering the collective progress and development of the African people, and it provides the blueprint for the development mission of the leading pan-African movement, Young African Leaders Forum, as well as many other organisations.
YALJOD is a biennial journal of development established to host scholarly analysis and competing viewpoints about the development of Africa. YALF’s motive for establishing this historic journal is to garner the ideas of young Africans as pertaining the development of the continent. During the official launch of its maiden edition at the African Union Headquarters in October 2016, Founder and President of YALF, Prince Ifoh, revealed the organisation’s plans to take the strategic journal into all corners of the continent. According to him, there is a strong implementation policy which ensures that ideal solutions published in the journal are practically implemented to have the right impact on the African people. So far, YALJOD is already available at the African Union Headquarters, in several university libraries and government parastatals across the continent and as a downloadable e-Book on the internet.
As Africa's first youth-led (pan-African) journal of development, YALJOD’s multidisciplinary approach makes it more formidable. It accepts papers from varied disciplinary areas – including Social Sciences, Physical Sciences and Humanities – that show direct relevance to the development of Africa. In this sense, it publishes researches understood as highlighting the social, political, cultural and technological processes of positive change in the continent. The specially targeted audience of the journal are the continent’s leadership operators, civil societies and NGOs, development academics, researchers and youth leaders.
GUIDELINES FOR THE SUBMISSION OF ARTICLES
Articles submitted to YALJOD must be original work that has not been published previously, and is not currently under consideration by any other publication. Any consequences for the violation of copyright laws or infringement will be duly borne by the defaulting author. The journal is not scholarly peer-reviewed. In some cases, however, manuscripts will be sent to our specialists and scholars (YALF Consultants) for evaluation.
Please carefully read through and ensure you comply with the stated guidelines as any breach of the submission rules may lead to the rejection of your paper.
· Each paper must be accompanied by the author’s profile summary of no more than 100 words. This should include author’s qualification and other affiliations.
· Each paper must be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 150 words.
· Article must not exceed 3,500 words.
· All articles must be properly proofread by the author.
· Articles must be double spaced.
· Tables, models, diagrams or photographs should be within the text, and NOT as appendix.
· Citations and referencing should follow the recent APA style.
· Manuscripts should be submitted via regular email, and should take the form of attachment formatted in MICROSOFT WORD (send to [email protected])
We are regrettably unable to provide individualised critiques of most of the manuscripts that we reject. However, we will ensure we confirm the receipt of articles once they arrive.
OTHER CONDITION FOR SUBMISSION OF ARTICLES:
To successfully submit articles for publication, prospective Authors must meet the following requirements:
· Must hold, at least, a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree obtainable from tertiary institutions.
· Must be between the ages of 20 – 50 when submitting the article.
· Must not have sent the article for consideration in another publication.
· Must be willing to participate and present the paper in any of the YALF Conferences when called upon.
The 2nd edition of YALJOD will be officially launched during the 2018 Annual Summit of the Young African Leaders Forum (YALF). For more information, visit www.yalf-africa.org
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS TO THE NEXT ISSUE IS: 30 MARCH 2018.