People's Dialogue, a national NGO working in the field of Poverty Eradication is looking for a psychiatric nurse to run a training and outpatient centre in Philippi, Western Cape, for the diagnosis and treatment of HIV/Aids, substance abuse and domestic violence.
A national N.G.O. working in the field of Poverty Eradication is looking for a PSYCHIATRIC NURSE to run a training and outpatient centre in Philippi, Western Cape, for the diagnosis and treatment of HIV/AIDS, SUBSTANCE ABUSE AND DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
Applications for this position are invited from suitably qualified and
SALARY: R84,000 per annum.
* Registration with the South African Nursing Council as a Psychiatric Nurse;
* Experience in the training of community-based counsellors in the detection and treatment of HIV/AIDS and / or substance abuse;
* Valid driver's license;
* Previous experience in nursing administration;
* organising and co-ordinating a training programme for community-based counsellors with a special emphasis on HIV health education, prevention, diagnosis and management;
* providing quality nursing service;
* central participation in the setting up and management of a small primary health care centre.
* ability to work under pressure;
* excellent counselling and therapeutic skills;
* experience in HIV/AIDS counselling and treatment;
* fluency in Xhosa.
Applications, curriculum vitae and the names of three referees to be submitted to People's Dialogue at [email protected] or fax: 021-447-4741.
Closing Date: 18 March 2002.