Among the African presidents who visited the White House this week for the US-Africa Leadership Summit is Rwandan President Paul Kagame. Obama needs to be reminded that Kagame has been linked to serious violations in his country, ranging from assassinations to theft of Congolese resources
We all know that Kagame committed and is still committing:
(1) Genocide against Hutus since 1991 [Reference to Robert Gersony Report and UN Mapping Report],
(2) Distortion of the truth over the Genocide against Tutsis [Reference to Stam and Davenport ‘What Really Happened in Rwanda’]
(3) Assassinations against legitimate political opponents [Reference to Patrick Karegeya, Seth Sendashonga, Charles Ingabire, André Kagwa Rwisereka, Leonard Rugambage],
(4) Extrajudicial executions [Reference to Alfred Nsengimana, Eric Hashakimana],
(5) Massacring Congolese people [Reference to UN Mapping Report and Report by UN Group of Experts],
(6) Rape against women [Reference to UN Mapping Report and Report by UN Group of Experts],
(7) Pillage of Congolese minerals [Reference to UN Mapping Report and Report by UN Group of Experts],
(8) Embezzlement of state funds and impoverishment of the majority of Rwandans [Reference to Susan Thomson ‘Whispering Truth to Power’ and the work of Gustave Makonene] ,
(9) Ethnic discrimination against Hutus [Reference to HRW Report ‘There Will Be No Trial: Police Killings of Detainees and the Imposition of Collective Punishments’],
(10) Persecution through tyrannical laws like the Law on Genocide Ideology [Reference to UN Special Rapporteur Maina Kiai Report],
(11) Suffocation of freedom of expression and of association [Reference to UN Special Rapporteur Maina Kiai Report],
(12) Oppression through security services (Reference to Filip Reyntjens “An Army with a State, Not a State with an Army],
(13) Arbitrary detention against legitimate political opponents [Pasteur Bizimungu, Déo Mushayidi, Ingabire Umuhoza, Bernard Ntaganda, Sylvain Sibomana, Dominique Shyirambere], and
(14) Abductions [Joel Mutabazi, Innocent Kalisa, Augustin Cyiza].
Based on factual evidence above and on more facts you know, please write a letter, send an email, make a phone call to the White House raising concerns over the visit of Kagame and outlining your requests to Obama.
Spread in secret the word to everyone you know believes in democratic values, justice, sustainable development and humanism virtues.
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500
Phone: 202-456-1111, 202-456-1414, 202-456-6213, 202-456-2121