* EDITORIAL: Patrick Bond and David Moore explain what happened in the Zimbabwean elections and why it matters
* COMMENT AND ANALYSIS: Odenda Lumumba on colonial land dispossession in Kenya and the continued struggle for land rights
- The future of Egyptian politics might be found in popular political initiatives building a social movement for change, says Joel Beinin
- The good and the bad of the papacy in Africa: Editorial comment from Pambazuka News
- Sarah Mukasa explains why she’s glad the Ugandan government banned the play Vagina Monologues
* LETTERS: Mugabe, white supremacy and neo-colonialism
* PAN-AFRICAN POSTCARD: Nobel Laureate Wangari Mathai is elected to the AU’s Economic, Social and Cultural Council (ECOSOCC). Tajudeen Abdul Raheem says it’s a mistake
* AFRICAN UNION WATCH: Charles Mutasa explains the ins and outs of the AU's Economic, Social and Cultural Council (ECOSOCC) and its potential for civil society
* Development: 70 civil society organizations meeting in Kenya tell the G8 to make progress on debt…or face protests
* LINKS to the latest news on conflict, human rights, corruption, elections, media, fundraising and more…
Earlier this week, we were informed by Kabissa, which hosts our mailing list facility, that a spammer appeared to have sent many spam messages to Mailman-related addresses (Mailman is the facility we use for managing the mailing list). If you received unsolicited messages as a result of this problem, the editors of Pambazuka News would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. We do everything we can to protect your email address and would under no circumstances make public our email list. We are taking actions to ensure that this does not happen again.
Thanks for your patience.
- Log in to post comments
- 189 reads